Have you purchased a new Amazon Echo or Alexa enabled device? But. Now what?
To use this device, the very first thing you are supposed to do is connect your Alexa enabled device to the WIFI to get this device online. Before doing this, make sure that your WIFI name and passwords are in hand
Follow the below mentioned steps to use your Alexa enabled echo device:
Firstly, download the Alexa app, you can download the app from Google pay for your android and from the app store for iPhone,iPod or Ipad.
If you are using the Echo device for the first time, then you may not need to follow the step 2 and 4 mentioned below. You will be directly prompted to start with the setup process once the app is successfully launched.
- Enter your Amazon account login details and click on “sign in”.
- If prompted, then click “Get Started”button.
- From the provided list, choose the name which is associated with your Amazon Account. Either, you can choose “I am someone else” and enter the right name.
- You might be requested to provide Amazon a permission to access your notifications and contact details. These details are not mandatory to connect your device to the WIFI. So, you can submit the details now or later as per your preference.
- Click the “Alexa Menu” button ( represented by three horizontal lines and present in the upper left-hand corner). Select ‘Setting option’ from a drop-down menu when it appears.
- Click “Setup a New Device” button.
- Select the appropriate device from the list of Echo Devices.
- Choose your Language and tap “Continue button”.
Click “connect to WIFI” button.
- Plug in the “Alexa Enabled Device” to the power outlet and wait till the device display the right signifier (explanation will be given in the app”. If you have already plugged in your device, then you are supposed to press and hold the action button. Let’s take an example – if you are setting up Echo then light ring present at the top of the device must turn to the orange. Once the device is ready, select “continue”.
- Depending upon the device, the app might ask you to connect to it through the wireless settings of your smartphone. For this, follow all the on-screen instructions. Once your device is connected successfully, you will hear a confirmation message and your application will move automatically to the next screen.
- A confirmation message of device connectivity may display on your screen, click “continue”.
- You will able to see the list of all available WiFi network on your app. Choose the Network which you wants to pair with Alexa Enabled device and submit the password details if prompted.
- Now, the application must read preparing your(device name), accompanied by a progress bar.
- If the WIFI connection is established successfully, you must able to see the message “setup complete- Echo is connected to the WIFI”.
Connecting the Alexa Device to New WIFI Network
- If you have Alexa enabled echo device which has been set up already but you need to connect it to new WIFI Network with a modified password, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click “Alexa Menu Button” and when the drop-down menu appears, choose the “Setting” option.
- Choose the device in question from the shown list.
- Click “Update WIFI” option.
- Choose “connect to WIFI” button.
- Follow all the instruction present on-screen to place the device into a setup mode. For example – on your echo device, hold the “action button” for about 6 seconds until the ring present on the top of the device turns into orange. Click on Continue.
- You will able to see the list of all available wifi network within the app. Choose the network that you want to pair with Alexa Enabled Device. Now enter the password ( if prompted).
- The app screen must read “ preparing your echo” accompanied with a progress bar.
- If the wifi connection is established successfully, you must able to see the message stating that setup is completed and your device is connected to wifi.
If you have followed the above-mentioned instructions carefully but still not able to connect the Alexa- enabled device to the WIFI Network than the tips may help you out.
- Restart your router and modem and try again.
- Restart your Alexa enabled device.
- Reset the Alexa enabled device to the factory settings.
- Make sure that the password you have entered is correct. To confirm that whether the entered password is correct or not, you can connect try to connect with the other device by using the same password.
- Try to update the firmware on your router or modem.
- Make sure that you have placed the Alexa enabled device nearby the wireless router.
- Place your Alexa Enabled device away from all the possible sources which can create interference to the signals, such as wireless electronics baby monitors or any other.
If still there are any issues in establishing the connection, then you can contact the device manufacturer or take help from the Customer Support team to connect your Alexa enabled device to the WIFI.